Tuesday 14 August 2012

imPRESS Nails



I can't explain how exciting I was to try these nails, as soon as I sure how much success people have had with these, I had to have them! I've always struggled to grow long nails. I have a really bad nail biting habit and I have really long fingers with tiny nail beds, so growing them is a chore.
I actually brought these off a lady on the BBS group but they cost between £5.99 and £8.99 to buy at Boots and Superdrug. So I eagerly grabbed these out of my bedroom after getting home early, prepped my nails and found the sizes I needed. It seemed to going quite well, until I had 3-4 nails on and then it became impossible. Its all well and good having the pull back tabs, but when you've got the long nails on you can't get enough grip on the plastic, so I found myself passing each nail to my boyfriend before pressing them on. They applied really well (with Chris' help) and I loved the way they looked! I even coated a pink polish over the top so they looked a bit more professional for work and the coats dried really easily without any fuss! I figured that I had three main tests for the nails; the washing up, having a bath and washing my hair and then doing my make up in the morning! Whilst they lasted when I washed up, they didn't survive the bath! I lathered my hair in shampoo, rinsed it off, sat up to apply conditioner and noticed two of the nails were gone! Bummer. Whilst I didn't exactly give the nails a fair shot, if they can't survive whilst I have a bath, they are no good! I can't not bathe in the week I wear them, its just not normal! I was really prepped to be blown away by these nails, but they really let me down!


Have you tried these nails, what did you think?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig