Thursday 11 January 2018

Go for glitter with Stila Cosmetics

If you’ve been following my blog this year, you’ll be well aware of my latest obsession – the Stila magnificent metals glitter & glow liquid eyeshadows. It’s actually become a bit of a running joke at work, that I never have anything different on my eyes! It’s all for good reason - there is literally nothing to hate about these beauties! In case you’re wondering, they are literally glitter eyeshadow in a pot, with an innovative formula which makes it easy to apply! I recently topped up my Stila collection with nine new shades (yes I’m crazy) and I was shocked to see that I hadn’t yet giving these a dedicated review. Que today’s post… 




Inside each of these square Stila tubes you find a dazzling, long-wearing liquid, with the most crazy, pigmented eyeshadow. First up we have the ‘glitter & glow’ formulation, which offers a dazzling, ultra-sparkle finish. The glitter inside is a mixture of pearl and glitter, in lots of different sizes, which allows you to achieve a really spectacular sparkle. It actually changes depending on the light in the room, which means it can look different all the time. Whilst the glitter is spectacular, what makes this product great for me is the formula! It’s actually very lightweight as it’s water-infused, which allows it to dry quickly on the lid. It’s so simply to apply that I apply them straight from the applicator for an intense finish and it doesn’t transfer on the skin! 




Since getting these early in 2017, I’ve been using them practically on a daily basis, as I’ve found them the quickest route to a quick glitter eye! In fact, if you’ve ever found yourself frustrated when trying to achieve a glitter eyeshadow look – these are 100% for you! I actually had a Christmas party a couple of days ago and tried using something different and quickly gave up – nothing compares! 






Swatches show Diamond Dust, Kitten Karma and Smoky Storm

I’ve swatched three of the original shades for you above, first up there’s Diamond Dust (sheer silver and multi-colour glitter), then we have Kitten Karma (champagne, silver and copper glitter) and finally we have Smoky Storm (light pewter and silver glitter). I’ve also swatched three of the newer shades in the bottom picture in this post. Swatch number four in the photograph is Peachy Sheen (sheer warm peachy beige with silver and gold glitter), followed by Smoldering Satin (deep tan and silver glitter) and Next To Notte (deep red with pink glitter). 




In Spring 2018, Stila are bringing out a new formulation to the collection called ‘shimmer & glow’. Instead of the glitter formulation, this is a high shimmer finish that ditches the glitter, but doesn’t ditch the glow. I have three of these new shades thanks to the fabulous Christmas sets (which have since sold out - boo) and they look really beautiful! I’ve swatched these below for you, first up we have Shimmer & Glow - Kitten (shimmering vibrant nude pink), then Shimmer & Glow - Grace (shimmering rose gold) and finally there’s Shimmer & Glow - Twig (shimmering warm chestnut brown). 

All in all it’s such a gorgeous collection and it’s one that I’ve become obsessed with! I highly recommend checking out both the ‘glitter & glow’ eyeshadows which are available now and the ‘shimmer & glow’ eyeshadows when they launch in the Spring.




Swatches show Kitten, Grace, Twig, Peachy Sheen, Smoldering Satin and Next To Notte 

Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig