Tuesday 12 December 2017

My Favourite Gifting Candles This Christmas | Christmas 2017

If you’ve been following my Christmas Gift Guides, it won’t be a surprise to you that I think candles make a fantastic gift. This year there are so many to choose from – from those that are Christmas themed, to those that just look (and smell) fantastic all year round! As there are so many to choose from, I wanted to combine my own Christmas Candle edit, to give you a complete low down of my favourites! 




SPACE NK Shimmering Spice Candle* (£26 here)
Christmas candles don’t get more iconic than the SPACE NK Shimmering Spice Candle*. I almost always buy one of these candles in the SPACE NK sale, so I’m super chuffed to have one in my collection already this year and it’s burning happily! Every year the design of the candle changes and I’m loving the look of this year’s design. This year it’s in the most gorgeous jar, finished with metallic details, which wave across the white background. As always, the candle is completely exclusive to the festive season and the scent is everything I love about Christmas! The notes include Cinnamon and spice, which are intermingled with orange, mandarin, with a warm and cosy cedar base that is infused with a hint of sweet vanilla. 




Monsoon Fragrance Collection* (£17 each here)
I reviewed this collection earlier in this year and it was safe to say that I was really impressed! From start to finish the whole experience is so unique and luxurious. The collection includes both the diffusers and candles, which arrive in stunning heavy glass containers. On the front of each product these is an iconic Monsoon metalwork pattern, which changes colour depending on the scent you’ve picked. I’ve been loving the Seaspray & Cotton range, which is lovely, fresh and perfect for starting a new year!




Bloom Fig & Cassis candle* (£10, currently £5 here)
If the person you’re buying for is a bit of scent fan, it’s important to remember that the gift doesn’t have to cost the earth! Which is exactly why I wanted to give a mention to the ‘Bloom’ range from Superdrug. The range is perfect for gifting, as they arrive in lovely colour coded boxes, with simple candles hiding inside. There are loads of different scents to choose from, but my favourite is the Bloom Fig & Cassis candle*. The scent is gorgeous and includes some of my favourite notes - floral jasmine, sweet coconut and berry amber.




Mini Christmas Candles from Crabtree & Evelyn* (£16 each here)
Until I put together my gift guides, I had absolutely no idea that Crabtree & Evelyn made candles – yet they are some of the most beautiful things I’ve come across! This year I have completely fallen in love with the mini Christmas candles from Crabtree & Evelyn. The first candle is the Mini Noël Candle* (£16 here) which is infused with the fragrance of fir tree branches studded with tangy citrus zest and mulled spices. The second candle I’m loving is the Mini White Cardamom Candle* (£16 here), which is are infused with winter warming sweet mimosa and mulled spice essences of cardamom. They are both made using cold extraction technology for the most authentic fragrances and make amazing stocking fillers! 




Mini Moderns Pavilion Scented Candle* (£24 candle)
Another new brand to cross my path is Mini Moderns, which again have completely stolen my heart. This candle arrives in the coolest abstract jar, which is finished with pretty black spots, with a hit of mustard yellow. It’s totally bang on trend and is going to fit well into anyone’s décor! The fragrance is called Gin Fizz - it’s a cocktail of lemon and juniper berry with notes of fresh geranium. The Mini Moderns candles are made using a unique blend of waxes and have a pure cotton wick, which means if you really look after them, they can last 50 hours! 




Orla Kiely Earl Grey Candle* (£25 here)
There is no doubt that the world loves Orla Kiely, I know that whenever I unwrap something from her brand, I always know I’m going to love it. So, with that in mind, I think the Orla Kiely Earl Grey Candle is a good safe bet when it comes to presents! It arrives boxed and of course, it’s presented in a beautiful glass jar embellished with one of Orla Kiely's signature prints. The Earl Grey scent I would say is a pretty universal scent, with notes that include oils of bergamot, clary sage, orange peel and smokey black tea.




Morris & Co. Strawberry Thief Scented Candle* (£25 here)
This year I was introduced to Heathcote & Ivory, who are an amazing gifting brand. One of their brands is called Morris & Co, which has everything from hand creams to candles. The Morris & Co. Strawberry Thief Scented Candle* may not sound very Christmassy at first glance, but it really is perfect for the festive season! It arrives in a pretty hefty box and it’s one of the biggest candles in this edit. Box the glass and the box is finished in a full colour Morris & Co. design, finished with red, floral details, whilst the scent is truly to die for, with rich, earthy grounding scents.




ESPA Trio Of Light Set* (£45 here)
Every year I go mad for the ESPA Christmas sets and I truly can never get enough of their candles. I love that the gifts feel very Christmassy, but when you get inside, it’s a gift that can last all year round. For me nothing says spa-like pamper like ESPA and the ESPA Trio Of Light Set* (£45 here), truly makes my heart skip a little tiny beat. The set arrives in a gorgeous silver box, which is delicately finished with the ESPA logo. The whole thing is tied with a beautiful EPSA green ribbon – so pretty that it barely needs wrapping!  Inside the gorgeous silver, ribbon tied box, you get three stunning ESPA candles, which allows you to experience ESPA aromas in miniature form. There are 70g sized candles of the Mini Soothing Candle, the Mini Restorative Candle and the Mini Energising Candle. Perfect for an ESPA fan, or a complete newbie to the range! 



Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig