Thursday 14 September 2017

glo minerals Jeweled Eyeshadow Pencils

When it comes to testing products, eyeshadow pencils are just some I cannot resist. Eyeshadow pencils are some of my favourite products and my collection is huge. I love the convenience of them and I use an eyeshadow pencil every single time I do my makeup. glō-minerals are a brand that has never been on my radar, but they actually launched way back in 2002. The brand was obsessed with the use of minerals in makeup and how they’d been used throughout time. They loved the history of the Ancient Egyptians and how they used minerals to protect the skin from sunburn but also to fix injuries and cuts. 







glō-minerals wanted to bring the mineral based makeup into the 21st century. The Jeweled Eye Pencils by glō-minerals use only pure and pharmaceutical grade minerals, mixed with anti-oxidants (including vitamins A, C, E and Green Tea). They come in lots of exciting colours including brows, golds, blues and purples. The packaging reflects the bulk of the makeup industry, offering black matte packaging with simple metallic lettering. Their handy clear lids let the colour shine through, meaning you can find the colour you want to use really quickly.

The formula offers a very rich and creamy consistency; the problem is that they are a little too creamy at times. I’ve found that if you try and blend them straight after application, they basically disintegrate. It’s something very unusual, as normally you need to blend before the product sets. My favourite shade is ‘Merlot’ which will be no surprise to my regular readers. The Jeweled Eye Pencils retail for £12.95 each, which I think is a fair reflection on the quality of the product you are buying. I won’t be swapping my By Terry Ombre Blackstar shadows for these, but I think they are a good budget buy.  




Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig