Friday 19 August 2016

The Ultimate Base Set | Real Techniques

I’ve been a huge fan of Real Techniques since the moment the brand launched.  Real Techniques mission is to allow the inner expert in all of us, giving us brushes and tutorials to look our best. The whole collection is created with YouTube beauty gurus Sam and Nic Chapman, who really need no introduction. 



I knew that I would fall in love with the brand initially, but I didn’t anticipate that years later the brushes would still form the basis of my whole brush routine. For me Real Techniques tick every box. They are reasonable priced, they are well made, they sit well on my dressing table, they travel well, they clean well and most importantly they apply my makeup beautifully. I love the fact that everything matches through colour-coded system and I love that every brush is made with synthetic bristles. 

Real Techniques are on a bit of roll at the moment with their new releases, in fact it’s been a bit hard to keep up. However most recently the Ultimate Base Set* caught my eye. Real Techniques say that this latest limited-edition set, gives you everything you need for that flawless base. Offering you all the tools needed for seamless foundation and the ultimate concealer application. 



If I had to pick my favourite Real Techniques brush I wouldn’t even need to think about it! It’s the Expert Face Brush* and it’s the only brush that I need three of in my collection. It’s got huge fans all over the world, who praise its ability to apply foundation. Naturally it’s the first brush included in this limited edition set. It’s ultra-firm and broad bristles make it an amazing multi-use brush, making it perfect for buffing cream, liquid or powder foundation. 

The second product in the set is the Miracle Complexion Sponge*, which again is a product praised by makeup artists and beauty fans worldwide. Real Technique boast that this is the #1 branded makeup sponge and it’s actually one of the only Real Techniques products I haven’t tried. The sponge includes a rounded side, a precision tip and a flat edge, which end offer something different to the base process. 

The last product in the set is the Deluxe Concealer Brush* which is packed with dense and rounded bristles. It’s a good medium-sized concealer brush, which offers good concealer application especially around the eyes and nose.

As always the three products come in a handy pouch, which includes a mirror. It just makes travelling with the whole set very simple and quick. If it’s not already obviously I’m a huge fan of this limited edition set, I think it’s a great addition to my collection. The set is available now, priced at £20.99 from Superdrug stores at Superdrug online


Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig