Friday 8 July 2016

Rediscovering Sleek Makeup

Back in the day I used to love makeup by Sleek, I'd spend hours admiring their stand in Superdrug, dreaming of taking all the makeup home with me. Somehow, over the last couple of years they have really fallen off my radar, so I was so excited to receive a little package with some products to try. Sleek really are a great example of a British success story, now with over 20 years in the beauty industry, they are still rapidly growing. They are never far behind the trends, pairing affordable makeup with the latest trend on the catwalk. They stand for innovation, strong pigmentation and high quality at the heart of their brand. Let's take a look at some of their products...



Almost all Sleek products come in the same chic black packaging, which I just think is lovely. There are some exceptions to this rule, like the Solice Highlighting Palette, which is equally as pretty. The packaging is robust and travel-proof, without compromising on their portable size or their pretty appearance. 

Sleek Blusher in Coral* (£4.99)
Every time I use a blusher from Sleek I'm blown away by the price point, this is less than £5 and it often performs better than the likes of NARS. These blushers are so pigmented, you really just have to dip your brush into the pan and you have more than enough to work with. You just have to pop it onto the apples of your cheeks and blend it out, then you're good to go! There are ten different shades available, so there are plenty of colours to choose from. 

Sleek Eyeshadow Palette in Sunset
The Sleek eyeshadow palettes are exactly how I remembering them being, in fact, they were the first truly pigmented high street palette that I tried. There is no denying that the eyeshadows are pigmented, easy to blend and really high quality. They are easy to apply and they have no fallout either! The Sunset palette is not a palette I would ever have bought, so I've really been enjoying being a little experimental with my eyeshadow. 

Sleek Contour Kit in Light* (£10.99)
This palette is a dream for all people obsessed with contouring, strobing or any of the sister trends. The Sleek Contour Kit brings sophisticated cream contouring to the high street at an affordable price. Inside the palette you get a huge mirror and six different cream shades. The six shades include two highlighters and four blendable contouring shades. The Contour Kit comes in three different shade variations, which means there is a colour for everyone, no matter your skintone. Sleek recommend taking an angled contouring brush and applying the contour shade to the hollow of your cheeks, the sides of your forehead and the sides of your nose. Apply the highlighter to your cheekbones, your brow bone and the middle of your nose. 

I've really enjoyed having the chance to experiment with Sleek makeup again, it's taught me to never forget my roots, great products will always be great! You can buy Sleek makeup in the UK at Boots, Superdrug and the Sleek website.
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig