Wednesday 11 November 2015

Rose Gold Goodness from Anastasia Beverly Hills

There is honestly no denying that I'm officially a highlighter addict. I just cannot resist adding a new one to the collection. There's something about their pretty patterns and glittery finishes that makes them completely impossible for me to resist.

I first spotted the Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in a video by Ceryn's Corner. I had not actually seen them before, but little did I know that they are getting rave reviews and huge coverage all over the bloggersphere. It can actually be pretty hard to get your hands on goodies by Anastasia Beverly Hills, but luckily these beauties are stocked at Cult Beauty here in the UK.





The Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in Riviera comes packaged in the standard black box, which is adorned with the most gorgeous rose gold lettering. Inside the box you find a large gloss black compact, which hides the beauty inside. As you flip the lid, you find a really handy mirror and the illuminator.  This product has been so popular that two out of four shades are already out of stock online. In the end I opted for 'Riviera', because if you haven't guessed already, I have a bit of a thing for rose gold hues. It's actually a shade that I don't already have in my HUGE highlighter collection, so it's really lovely to have something a bit different.

I'm sure none of you are going to disagree that this highlighter looks beautiful. There's no doubt that this product looks incredible, it's one of the prettiest items in my whole makeup collection. The beautiful embossing takes inspiration from art deco and it feels like a work of art when it's sitting on my vanity. Luckily, it's not just a pretty face as it also performs impeccably. 

The formula of these is really quite special, it's very finely milled but there's absolutely no fallout as I swish my brush round in the pan. So much so, that I actually thought that I had not picked up any pigment. Of course, I was completely wrong as the powder glided on to my cheekbones leaving me with the most effortless highlight. The highlighter blends into skin effortlessly and it doesn't seen to settle of crease. The powder has no glitter in it, so you just get the most gorgeous glow, without the glitter flecks falling on to your cheeks. The finish is actually almost pearlescent, which actually makes it hard to photograph as it reflects light with such ease. As you turn your head it catches the light and gives you such healthy looking skin.

These Illuminators are strictly limited edition, so if you want to get your hands on one, you might want to move fast! Shop the collection of Illuminators by clicking here





Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig