Monday 9 November 2015

Monu Monday | An Introduction To The British Brand

One of the things I love about blogging, is that I have a great excuse to try lots of different brands. Monu is one of those brands that I've seen around a lot, but that I've never had a chance to try. Monu are a fantastic British brand, with over 30 years experience. They aim to provide advanced skincare that nurtures and pampers our skin. All the ingredients are created and produced in the heart of Cheltenham spa.

Monu skincare is designed to help all different skin types - "combining the power of science with the miracles of nature" to provide some really unique formulations. I've recently been playing with two products that I thought I'd share with you all.

Brightening Boost is a serum which is designed to fight the premature signs of ageing. It aims to give you a brighter complexion, whilst hydrating the skin. The serum helps signs of ageing by smoothing the surface imperfections and plumping the skin, to give a more youthful appearance. The serum is basically unscented, it's a very netural scent, which is good as I don't like to use scented products on my skin in the morning. The serum is a touch thicker than others I've used, it's not as runny as the others I've used in the past. It's also the first serum I've used which is a white in colour, rather than clear. I've Like most serums, you take 1-2 pumps onto clean skin and you apply it under a moisturiser both in the morning and the evening. Two pumps of this serum soaks into my skin with ease, it leaves no residue on the skin and it definitely leaves the skin looking more plump and radiant.

Warming Aromatic Mask*
This mask is perfect for this time of year as it's formulated to leave your skin feeling warm and comforted. It's a clay mask, which are actually my favourite kinds of mask and it has a really smooth texture. It's enriched with Natural Attapulgite Clay which deeply cleanses the skin, whilst energising your complexion. There's also Beeswax and Coconut oil to soften and calm the skin. Just what you need when your skin has been battered by the cold Autumn/Winter air! The mask is cream in colour and as you'd guess by the name, it's got quite a spicy scent. It's got a very traditional consistency, it's not too thick and not too runny. I spread it only my skin using a brush and it feels quite warm on the skin. It was a little tingly on some of my blemishes, but that quickly settled down. You can use the mask once or twice a week, depending on your skin type. Simply apply to the skin, leave it for 10-15 minutes and remove with warm water. 

I'd love to know if you've tried Monu, do you have any product recommendations? You can shop Monu directly on their fancy new website here
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig