Wednesday 21 October 2015

Wear Paperback with The Library of Fragrance | Autumn Edit

The Library of Fragrance has now been stocked at Boots for one whole year! Over the last year they've take the bloggersphere by storm, creating scent after scent that blows us all away. In celebration of their first birthday and being stocked in over 400 Boots stores, they are bringing new scents to the store. The new scents are five of their top sellers from their own website; OudPaperbackPistachio Ice CreamSalt Air and Wet Garden.





In case you don't know much about The Library of Fragrance, they have been around since 1996. Created by Demeter Fragrance Library Inc (a New York company), they began with just three scents (Dirt, Grass and Tomato) and now they have over 300! You can currently pick up 56 of these luscious scents from Boots and there's a larger selection available here in the UK via the The Library of Fragrance website. The scents are made to be simple and uncomplicated. They aim to capture one single scent at a time and they made to be subtle additions to our perfume wardrobe. The premise of the business is to create scents that surround us all day every day, but are often under appreciated. This is so true with The Library of Fragrance Paperback Cologne*, it's designed to celebrate our love of literature, bringing the smell of an old fashioned book shop to our dressing table. 

The Paperback scent is something I knew that I'd either love or hate; it sounded great on paper (excuse the pun) but I wondered if in reality it would be a bit odd. What I can say is that I utterly love this perfume, when I walk past my dressing table I cannot resist spritzing this on my wrist. It's very sweet, it has this a strong vanilla note, which I actually normally hate, but it's just brought alive by the woody musty, dusty smell running through it. I honestly did not prepare myself to love this quite as much as I do, it's beautiful. What I found really interesting is that University College London can actually use the aroma of books to measure the condition and age of piece - I love that there's actually a scientific use case for the smell of a book! What's great is that The Library of Fragrance scents are made to be layered, so I've been pairing this with my Peach cologne for a fruity note.

If you have the chance to pop into a Boots store and try The Library of Fragrance, you definitely should. I challenge you to walk away without buying one, especially as they only retail for £15 each (or two for £25)

Have you tried anything from The Library of Fragrance? I still have my eyes on Fresh CoconutRain and Mango, which ones would you pick?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig