Wednesday 16 September 2015

NARSissist Matte/Shimmer Palette

Let me set the scene here, I've had my N.dulge reward vouchers for a while and I decided to have a little browse on the site. It's always a bit of a dangerous moment, as I can never resist a SpaceNK order. I really fancied a bit of a NARS splurge, as it had been a little while and I spotted two palettes. One is the Dual Intensity Palette and the other is this Limited Edition NARSissist Matte/Shimmer Palette, a SpaceNK exclusive. I sat on this decision for a while and I eventually opted for the NARSissist Matte/Shimmer Palette (after all it was £6 cheaper)!



What actually swayed me to pick the Matte/Shimmer Palette, over the Dual Intensity Palette was the fact that the colours seemed more wearable. After all, when I invest in these kinds of purchases, I like them to be something I can get a lot of wear out of! The NARSissist Matte/Shimmer Palette is described to be 'eight shades for every week'. A palette consisting of both matte and shimmer shades for any moment. You can honest wear the shades in the day time, the night time and everything in between. The colours are mostly warm neutral shades, with a few darker and smokey shades chucked in for good measure. 

Lets talk packaging for a moment! It's packaged in the classic matte black box and the top is mirrored. Which might be a pain to photograph (especially when you're in your PJs with no make up on) but it looks gorgeous on my dressing table. NARS has split the palette in two halves, one for day and one for night. The top row is the 'Day Series' and the shades are; Nassau, Maya Bay, Ithaca and Dogon. The bottom row is the 'Night Series' and the shades are; Mandchourie, Bonifacio, Zagreb and Heraklion. 

The shadows apply like a dream with my Real Techniques brushes and they blend beautifully with a MAC 217. The shadows are incredibly pigmented and the first time I used the palette I actually got in a bit of a mess. There's a very slight amount of fallout with some of the shades, which I just always clean up with my concealer brush. The palette also comes with the 'Night Clubbing Mini Night Series Eyeliner' which is really soft and applies really easily to the waterline. 

The NARSissist Matte/Shimmer Palette is a SpaceNK exclusive and it retails for £39. All in all, a great addition to any palette addicts collection. 




Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig