Wednesday 30 September 2015

My picks of the Allure 'Best Of Beauty' Winners

I absolutely love the Allure Best Of Beauty Awards, I know it sounds silly, but I’m a big fan. I patiently wait all year for them to be released and I love reading all about the winners. I always go to the USA around this time of year with work, so I pick up the special award issue of the magazine and it becomes a beauty bible for me for the rest of the year. With all this in mind, I thought it would be fun to share with you my pick of this year’s winners. So, here are the winning products from Allure, which also get the Hope, Freedom, Love seal of approval! 



Laura Mercier Caviar Stick (Winner of Best Black Cream Shadow)
Whilst I don’t have the Tuxedo shade that won the award, these Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks are some of favourites. It was actually the first Laura Mercier product that I ever tried and it was a great place to start! They are a beautiful water resistant formula and they glide onto the skin beautifully. The eyeshadow stick is quite thin, which makes it easy to apply without making a mess.

Benefit Gimme Brow (Winner of Best Brow Groomer)
I bought Benefit's Gimme Brow pretty much as soon as it launched, which was a big deal for me at the time as I did not have many ‘high end’ products. Luckily I’ve never looked back! It’s got a tiny little spooley brush, which gives you great precision for getting the tinted gel through your brows. The colour matches my browns perfectly and it’s fantastic for travelling as the bottle is tiny! It also lasts forever, I’ve not no idea how long I’ve actually had this in my collection, but it’s survived for a long time!

Rimmel London ScandalEyes Eye Shadow Stick (Winner Of Best Brown Cream Shadow)
Bootleg Brown took the crown for this award, but I happen to be a fan of the whole range. The ScandalEyes Eye Shadow Sticks are beautiful cream shadows which are super soft. You can easy get in quite a mess if the formula gets too warm! However, with a light hand these shadows create a gorgeous eyeshadow look with very little effort!

Clinique Chubby Stick (Winner of Best Lip Crayon)
Hype follows the Clinique Chubby Sticks wherever they go and it’s totally justified. These balms give you a sheer wash of colour in a whole heap of colours. What I love about these is that you don’t need a mirror to apply, which makes it a perfect on-the-go product. I’m a big fan of the shade ‘Super Strawberry’. 

L’Oreal Mythic Oil (Winner of Best Oil For Thick Hair)
This has been a favourite of mine for so long! It lives on my dressing table and I use it whenever my hair needs a little extra life. You just put a couple of pumps through your hair and it keeps your hair frizz free, whilst adding lots of shine! When I first got this I was really worried this would make my oily hair more greasy, but it doesn't! It's multi-use too, you can use it before drying or a finishing touch! I cannot wait to try this!

Real Techniques Blush Brush (Winner of Best Bronzer Makeup Brush)
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; you don’t have to use brushes the way they are marketed. The Real Techniques Blush Brush is PERFECT for bronzer and I’ve always used it for such. So I’m so excited that Allure have given it the Best Bronzer Makeup Brush award, as it’s fabulous! It picks up the right amount of pigment and the fluffy brush makes blending simple.

St. Tropez In Shower Gradual Tan Lotion (Winner of the Breakthrough Beauty Award)
I’m someone who is completely scared of fake tan! I’m really pale and it’s just never worked for me – until this! I picked this up as soon as it launched and I fell in love. It was the perfect way for a tan-phobe to prepare for her summer holiday and I was completely chuffed. It’s a bit of a faff as you have to turn the shower off and get a bit chilly, but it’s well worth! 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig