Tuesday 25 August 2015

Garnier Pure Matte Control: A New Era In High Street Skincare

If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you’ll know that I’m an avid user of the Garnier Pure Active Moisturiser. It’s been in my routine for YEARS, so imagine how upset I was when I could no longer find it in stores. Fearing that it had been discontinued, I started the hunt to find something new. That’s when I spotted the Garnier Pure Matte Control sitting on the shelf.




I’d not read anything about this product, so I bought it on a complete whim! Luckily I can report that I’ve not been disappointed! Garnier say that this product is the “new era in shine control for combination to oily skin”. It combines mattifying ingredients and Salicylic Acid in one product to target shine and the appearance to pores.

The consistency of the Garnier Pure Matte Control moisturiser feels like a gel, it’s thicker than the Garnier Pure Active Moisturiser and it feels slightly less wet on the skin. I squeeze a blob (around the size of a two-pence-piece) onto my fingertips and massage it into my face. It’s incredibly cooling on the skin and the moisturiser has a slight unobtrusive scent to it (not that I can put my finger on exactly what the scent is). The moisturiser soaks straight into my skin and it does not feel tacky or sticky, leaving behind a lovely base for my makeup.

The magic really happens throughout the day though, whilst the moisturiser gets to work at keeping oily at bay. There’s been a noticeable difference in my skin; normally around 3pm my skin starts to look quite shiny, but with the Garnier Pure Matte Control moisturiser, this has disappeared. It best bit is that even though this product is battling shine and oil, my skin still feels incredibly hydrated – it seems to do it all! 

All in all, I’m blooming impressed with this moisturiser from Garnier! I can’t believe such a great product is available on the high street for only £6.99
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig