Friday 5 June 2015

The Hourglass Dupe from Max Factor

Since I recently shared the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blusher as one of my favourite all-time purchases (see here). I thought it I would share my thoughts on the gorgeous Max Factor dupe. 


I've actually not had a great deal of exposure to Max Factor before. Their products do not normally appeal to me, but I could not resist this beauty! The Creme Puff Blush is a little compact blusher, which comes in six gorgeous colour. The compact is a baked formula and it's made up of lots of 'multi-tonal pigments’. The pigments are all marbled together, which looks so pretty and it's much like the Hourglass equivalent.

The shade I picked out was 'Gorgeous Berries', which I love as it's deep berry shade, which is also great for sculpting. I apply this to the top of my cheekbones and it adds a gorgeous contoured effect! All the different coloured pigments gives it some real depth, it's something a little different and a fabulous multi-purpose product. I apply the Creme Puff Blush to my cheeks with the Real Techniques Multi Task Brush. You can apply it with a light hand and have a really pretty subtle highlighter effect sheen of colour. You can also build it up to create a real flush of colour. 

The packaging is really simple, I love the plain black compact. It's paired with a clear lid (with gold detailing) which lets the prettiness of the blusher shine through. The size of the blusher makes it a perfect, travel-friendly purchase.

The Creme Puff Blush retails for £8.99which is fabulous value, it's a fraction of the price of the Hourglass blusher and there's no real drop in quality. This blusher has definitely opened my eyes to the Max Factor world, I'd love to hear your product recommendations below. 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig