Saturday 16 May 2015

Spring Beauty Edit 2015 #SpringHasSprung

For the last few weeks I’ve been testing, reviewing and trying out a load of products. What’s different to any other month I hear you ask? Well the sole purpose has been to create my official Spring Edit of 2015. I’ve tried a lot of products, some good, some bad, but these products are the ones I give my seal of approval. So if you’re looking to update your makeup bag, you can safely take out your shopping list and get stuck in. 

Spring Edit 2015 #SpringHasSprung

The Perfect Base
I’ve not been too shy in the past to say that I don’t like BB Creams, but recently I’ve been loving some amazing light bases! This Vichy BB Cream* not only comes in beautiful packaging, but it provides a lovely dewy base for your makeup. It’s really easy to blend into your skin and it leaves a lovely glow to your skin. It’s not a very heavy coverage, so I top it up with the Urban Decay Naked Concealer and I’m good to go! What’s great about it is that it’s also packaged with ingredients which aim to fight aging. So no matter your age, you can really benefit from this BB Cream! Another product I’m loving is the ESPA Tinted Moisturiser, if you like a REALLY glowing base and I mean really, really dewy, this is for you. It’s got great coverage and it lasts really well on the skin!

Glowing Highlighters
Now for my favourite section; highlighters! I could literally go on all week about my favourite highlighters for Spring, but to keep things short, I’ve selected two. The first is the Rimmel London Good To Glow highlighter, a liquid/cream formula. What I love about this product is the fact it’s multi-purpose. You can use it as a base for your foundation, you can mix it with your foundation or you can apply it more traditionally. It’s an absolute steal at £4.99! If you’re more of a grab and go girl, you might want to check out the Instant Radiance Highlighter from No7. This is a cream highlighter, which comes in a handy twist-stick. Simply dab onto your cheekbones and you’ve got a gorgeous glow without the faff. It’s slightly more expensive at £9.99, but it’s worth it for it’s travel-friendly properties.

A Pop of Colour 
Now, for the cheeks I’ve picked out two products too. The first has had a LOT of coverage on my blog recently, so I won’t go on for hours. It’s the Clinique Cheek Pop in Berry Pop; that beautiful daisy-themed compact that gives a lovely pop of colour all day long. The second is an old favourite and it’s the Tarte Airblush. Sadly, this one is a little harder to get hold of, but it’s the most wonderful texture. It is so light and it’s really lovely to work with.

For lips I’ve picked out the Clinique Chubby Sticks, in particular the shade Super Strawberry. I love how easy these are to apply; they give you a sheer wash of colour and last really well too.

Pastel Nails
For nails I had one clear winner from the new releases and that is the Barry M Speedy Dry range. Gorgeous pastel colours that have a dreamy formulation and they dry quickly! I love two shades, but my favourite is Eat My Dust. Another brand that always wins in the nail category is Essie! Again, they make light work of wearing pastel shades and they all look gorgeous on the nails. A clear winner for me recently has been Bikini So Teeny – a lush purple shade.


Smell Fabulous 
When it comes to fragrance I had a clear winner and it has to be Peach from Library of Fragrance. I’m an utter peach freak, I have shower gels, moisturisers and now I have my very own Peach perfume. It’s basically a dream come true!
When it comes to skincare though, I had to give my gold star to the Lait Sorbet formulation from Roger & Gallet. Roger & Gallet are quickly becoming one of my favourite brands and I cannot get enough of their products. The Energising Sorbet* is citrus scented and it aims to get you up and out of bed in the morning. The lotion feels incredible on the skin and dries almost instantly.

I'd love to hear about your favourite Spring products! Have you tried any of these? What were your thoughts?

Hope, Freedom, Love
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig