Thursday 6 November 2014

My 5 Favourite Essie Glitter Polishes!

I’m quite fond of a bit of glitter, in fact, in the colder months, it’s rare that it’s not on my nails. Over the years I’ve built up quite a glitter collection. It’s always the same brand that catches my eye; Essie. There’s just something about Essie’s glitter polishes, they are always so pretty and a little bit unique. With all this in mind and with festivities fast approaching, I thought I’d share my top 5 Essie glitters with you. Working top to bottom:

This is by FAR my favourite of all 5, so I’m starting with a bit of a bang. This gorgeous polish is unlike anything I’ve ever seen. This is part of the ‘Encrusted Collection’ from 2013 and is a strong-pigmented blue. You literally need one coat of this to get a strong finish on the nail. It’s actually got a matt finish but you can top it with your favourite top coat for a glossy finish.

Hors D'oeuvres is actually from the same collection, but this time it’s more subtle. Inside this glitter we have silver and gold shimmer, which has been paired with silver hex glitter. It’s so pretty and I love layering this over a dark shade of polish.

I got this beautiful polish in a duo set with Mint Candy Apple. It’s very simple but very pretty and elegant. It’s packed with luminescent and holographic sparkle. It looks beautiful layered over lighter shades, like pastels but even very light shades. It takes a little bit of work to get the glitter to lay flat, but its worth the effort.

This polish is a real classic glitter, it transforms any polish into your very own disco ball. This one is another of my absolute favourites! I fell in love with this last Christmas time, I wanted something simple and glittery to layer over my nails for the Christmas party.  It’s part of the ‘lux effects’ range which are all beautiful! I treated myself to ‘Stroke of Brilliance’ yesterday from the same collection.

We’ve come full circle and come back to the Encrusted Collection. This again is something a bit different. Ignite The Night is a silver and grey glitter, the polish is densely packed. So like ‘Lots of Lux’ you can get a completely opaque finish. It’s another matt finish which offers something a little bit different to your manicure!

What is your favourite glitter polish?


Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig