Friday 5 September 2014

Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush




This super cute blusher from Physicians Formula is the 'Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush'. I picked this up in the shade 'Natural' in America on a complete whim in Target. I'd done no research but I knew I wanted to try something from the Physicians Formula brand and this stuck out to me.

The Happy Booster blusher comes in stunning metallic hot pink packaging with a clear lid which shows the product underneath. Underneath the blusher there is a home for a little brush which comes with the product. The brush as always with these things is really rubbish and it just makes the packaging unnecessarily bulky. Isn't the blusher just beautiful? It is lots of lovely little hearts in lots of different shades and it's so sweet. It's just one of those products that you really want to take a picture of, so photogenic! Physicians Formula claim that this has a scent of Violet but it's not something I can detect. It just smells like it's unscented to me!

The Happy Booster has bold claims: "Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress."

To me sounds like absolute craziness? Can a blusher really make you feel happy? I think the whole concept is just a little bit cheesy.

On to the product itself: the blusher has a soft shimmer through it, it's not disco ball standard but it's definitely noticeable. It adds a nice highlight to the cheeks which is lovely in the summer. I will say that I don't think that this product isn't pigmented enough, I really have to be bold applying it to get any colour pay off, and I prefer to have a brighter colour on the cheeks than this gives me. All in all, I'm not really impressed with this product. It's good for a sheer wash of colour or a pink-toned highlighter, but for me, not much else.

Have you tried anything from Physicians Formula?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig