Friday 7 March 2014

Sephora Outrageous Volume Mascara | Review





I recieved this little mini mascara in a freebie set which came with my Christmas present from my friend Amber. I was super excited to try it out, because when I visited Sephora I was so overwhelmed by the amazing selection of own brand items that I just didn't know what to pick! Here are my thoughts...

The Sephora Outrageous Volume Mascara normally comes in some really impressive packaging, (see here) mine of course was just a tester, so it came in a little black tube with an impressive wand. This was probably the first mascara I hadn't 'researched' the claims of before trying, but this is what Sephora have to say about it;


"This mascara's unique triple load brush intensely coats lashes in one easy stroke for a full, luscious look. The thick, Ultra Black formula is enriched with hyaluronic acid—an ingredient recognized for its moisturizing properties. Use the brush's reservoirs to intensify lashes from root to tip, separate lashes with the "spiked" areas, or achieve a curved effect by pressing the brush lightly against the tips of the upper lashes"

The wand on this mascara is certainly impressive, its a nice big wand which I personally love. I know some people find big mascara wands a bit of a pain, but I personally prefer them. This mascara has an incredibly wet consistency, so if you don't like to have a lot of product to work with steer clear! The wand is coated with the mascara so its very wet when you apply it. 

When the mascara is freshly opened it can be a fairly messy process, be weary of opening your eyes too wide as the product will distribute onto your fresh eyeshadow look. But I definitely recommend sticking with it, and having a cotton bud to hand, after a couple of uses the formulation dries out just a tad which gives you a bit more control! 

You can see from the picture that the mascara definitely adds length, I found my lashes were much longer than normal. The formula is jet black which I really like, but the volume part leaves a little to be desired. In my opinion the mascara gives quite 'natural' looking lashes, and I personally prefer something with a little more va va voom! 

Online the mascara gets a few dodgy reviews, people don't like the consistency of the product, but if you like 'wet' mascaras, it's definitely one to try. I really enjoyed using it, I used it every day until it ran out without using an alternative.


Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig