Sunday 9 March 2014

Lifestyle Post | Nuremberg

Last week I spent the week in Nuremberg on business. I was covering the Embedded World conference for the company I work for which left very little time for exploring. However, I did get a short chance to look around and I thought I'd share some pictures with you (mainly of food)!


I'm told at this time of year Nuremberg is normally covered in snow, so it was a pleasant surprise to see the sun shining when we got off them plane! Nuremberg (and Germany in general) are obviously famous for sausages, so on our first night four of us shared a platter of yummy sausages! As my main course I had a 'mixed grill' and the portion was huge, but everything tasted incredible!




On the way back from dinner we had the opportunity to walk through Nuremberg 'Old Town' which had lots of impressive buildings and sculptures! I wish I knew what they all were so I could share more details with you!




If you're not already aware, I spend my working life as a video producer, so I was covering the conference with interviews of partners. Here are some pictures of the event and what I got up to when I wasn't eating yummy German food!



On Tuesday we had a big team dinner when we tried some traditional German food, for starter I had a meatball and noodle soup? Sounds strange but it tasted incredible! Then we had pork two ways with potato dumplings and then apple pie, which was like a fried apple pie, it was lovely!



My strangest meal in Germany, which was still yummy, just strange; was a chicken breast stuffed which vegetables and gravy with tomato pasta, all served cold. 


And there you have it, a flying trip to Nuremberg! The city of Nuremberg has loads to see, there are museums and buildings to explore, plus a lot of designer shops, I'd love to go back at some point!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig