Tuesday 14 January 2014

My Best Beauty Products of 2013


2013 was a real year of experimenting and discovering new beauty products for me, it was the year I tried new brands and new products and really branched out. I took time to really learn about beauty, taking in facts and figures every day. It sounds silly but I think I learnt a lot about beauty and makeup in 2013! So I thought it was only fair that I shared my favourite products from 2013 with you guys…





First up, hair care! Until 2013 I suffered with really greasy hair, I used to have to wash it every single morning to avoid looking like a walking frying pan. I’d been swooning over the Bumble and Bumble Sunday Shampoo and I didn’t like the hefty price tag, because I certainly it wouldn’t save my hair! I began searching for something a little cheaper and found the Herbal Essences Clarifying Shampoo. It retails for a little under £4 but I always see it on offer for half that price. To put it bluntly this shampoo is incredible, I use it once a week or whenever my hair is crying and it’s a savior. I’ve managed to get at least two days out of my hair before washing, which doesn’t sound like much, but its fantastic for me.

Herbal Essences posts here and here.


Because of the greasy hair fears, I never thought I’d be able to use a hair oil. I won a bottle of the Mythic Oil from WIMH and to be frank I didn’t rush to use it. I’m glad I finally saw the light and gave this a go, it’s amazing at giving your hair a breath of life after stripping it with the cleansing shampoo!


I’ve had two favourite nail finds in 2013, the first is Seche Vite. A product that has been hyped no end and for some reason it took me forever to try it. Having a ‘decent’ top coat has transformed my life, quick drying nails are a must. Equally as loved has been my Essie Grow Stronger BaseCoat, it’s incredible at protecting the nails from discolouring and it’s lasted me really well!



The next find is Essie polishes in general, if I’m honest I think my nail tastes must have changed this year. I tried Essie polishes a while back and I just wasn’t wowed, however, this year I’ve gathered quite a collection! They have fantastic colours and dry really quick!

Essie hauls: here, here and here


Next up is skincare and it’s another category that features lots of new things. First up is the L’oreal MicellarWater, this stuff is incredible, it removes makeup, it doesn’t irritate the skin and better yet it’s super cheap. It’s even easy to get hold of, it’s available in Boots and Superdrug and a ton of supermarkets! What else could you want?

L'oreal posts here, here and here

I’ve used a lot of nose strips in my time but none have performed in the way Biore do. Without fail they grab hold of those pesky blackheads and remove them quickly and easily!


I got this packet of Bliss Ingrown Eliminating Pads as an extra in a beauty swap I did. They are incredible at clearing pain caused by ingrown hairs and even attempt at stopping them all together! They may not be the most ‘glamorous’ of products but they are a must have!

The Origins Clear Improvement Mask was a late addition to my routine but my god, it’s impressive! It does a fantastic job at deep cleaning your skin and if you’re having a ‘bad skin day’ it improves it instantly!



Last up in this category is Nuxe Reve DeMiel, I kicked off this love in January. We went to Paris for the week and it was freezing, we’re talking 5-10 inches of snow freezing. It kept my lips in tip top condition then and every week since!



I’ve been finding my feet with lip colour this year and although I might not be heading out with a ‘bold lip’ anytime soon, I’m really loving the Revlon Lip Butters. They are super moisturising and add a beautiful rush of colour. Fantastic for travelling and equally good for events.

Revlon lip butter swatch post one and two

The Revlon Colourstay foundation is a late addition to my favourites but definitely earns its place. It’s an incredible product and creates a full coverage base at a high street price.


My other favourite foundation is the Bourjois 123 Perfect foundation, it’s a fantastic product as it has a great coverage but also looks natural. It’s created with yellow, mauve and green pigments to combat dark circles, dull complexion and anti redness. It literally does what it says on the tin, which is all I really ask for. You can tell how much I love it by how battered the bottle is, this comes everywhere with me.


I found the Lash Accelerator Mascara pretty early on in the year, it’s my go-to high street mascara. It is at a fantastic price point yet it adds, length, volume and colour to make my eyelashes look amazing!


The Rimmel StayMatte Powder needs no introduction, it’s unbelievable, enough said.

Last but certainly not least is the ‘And God Created the Woman’ palette by NARS. This has to be my favourite eye shadow from the whole year and I feel super lucky to have one in my collection! It came with the eye shadow brush and the eye primer and they make the most whimsical trio!



So there you have it, my favourite products of 2013, I hope you enjoyed reading this super long post! If you have your own 2013 favourites post, please link it below so I can check it out!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig