Tuesday 19 February 2013

Beauty Buys and More: Haul

January brings my Birthday and Birthday's bring money, so I've been doing a little bit of shopping! I thought I'd try some high end beauty items and see if they are worth the hype, so I went for a bit of a spree. 


First up, Space NK. I cannot explain how jealous I am of people who have a Space NK close to where they live, Space NK stores literally sound like a beauty lovers heaven! Space NK sent me an email to say that the first 100 people to place an online order would get a free Diptypue solid perfume. Naturally I couldn't resist such an offer, so I finally bought the Laura Mercier eyeshadow trio I've been lusting over. The palette is called "smoky mauves" and has three beautiful purple shades. Next up I bought the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original from Look Fantastic. My eyelids are quite oily so eyeshadow rarely stays put, so I'm excited to try this.


I decided I wanted to try some high end eye shadows and spent some time deciding what brand to choose. In the end I decided to pick some MAC eye shadows, everyone raves about them so I thought I'd give them a whirl. I picked Naked Lunch and Wedge and decided to get the palette versions. I stupidly didn't realise that all the pro palettes cost exactly the same, otherwise I would have picked out a four way palette, so annoying!


Next up I decided to try a new blusher! I've been on and off the Illamasqua website for months and decided to take the plunge. They had a free delivery offer and I got 15% off as it was my Birthday month. I picked out Beg as I don't have any blushers that are this deep, dark colour.


I really wanted to try out the Real Techniques eyeshadow brushes, but I don't think I need half of the core collection for brushes. So I decided to try the Travel Essentials collection, everyone raves about the multi-task brush, so I cannot wait to try it!


Next up Superdrug were offering free delivery and I noticed that the Maybelline Colour Tattoo eye shadows were on offer. I've really wanted to try one of these for ages, I decided to go for the Pink Gold shade. I also picked up the B Pure Micellar Water, I really love water cleansers so I cannot wait to try this! I also picked up the nude shade of the Rimmel Scandleyes Waterproof eyeliners.


You've probably heard about the £20 voucher that is inside Elle magazine this month for Kurt Geiger, I'm actually a subscriber so I got the £25 voucher inside my magazine and decided to treat myself to this little bag. I don't have any of little black smart bags so this is a great addition to my bag collection!


The last bits I picked up were from Urban Outfitters (my new addiction). We all know I'm crazy for Owls and when I saw this clock I had to have it! I also picked up the Blog Inc book which is a bargain for a fiver!


Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig