Thursday 19 July 2012

Green Tea


When my Physio said to me that I needed to integrate green tea into my lifestyle, my mind filled with dread! For some strange reason I thought that green tea would be some weird concoction of flowers and spices and things which would taste like perfume? Yes I know I’m weird, luckily I’ve found so far that green tea just tastes like normal tea minus the milk! This could however, be down to the brand of tea I’m drinking.

Green tea is well known for having several health benefits;

Over the last few decades green tea has been subjected to many scientific and medical studies to determine the extent of its long-purported health benefits, with some evidence suggesting that regular green tea drinkers may have a lower risk of developing heart disease and certain types of cancer. Although green tea does not raise the metabolic rate enough to produce immediate weight loss, a green tea extract containing polyphenols and caffeine has been shown to induce thermogenesis and stimulate fat oxidation, boosting the metabolic rate 4% without increasing the heart rate."

On the way home that night I popped into Tesco and stood in front of a huge aisle of green teas with no idea what to pick. There are so many flavours of tea and so many brands, but I just did not know where to start! So I did what I always do and grabbed a box that looked pretty! 

I happened to pick up Clippers Pure Green Tea, which was a 50 tea bag box and was super cheap! I think it was on offer, but it was £1.55, which I thought was a bargain! As I mentioned it tastes really nice! To me, it just tastes like normal tea, so for all the health benefits and very little taste difference, I’m all for it! I think I’m going to pick up a box of Twinings green tea, they do a box of five different flavours so you can try them out and see which you like best! So I think I’ll give that a whirl!

What do you think of green tea? Which brands have you tried?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig