Friday 23 October 2015

Inside My Sample Drawer: Hand Food

The latest series on Hope, Freedom, Love is ‘Inside My Sample Drawer’. It’s dedicated to providing mini reviews on the samples that have been clogging up my makeup stash. So once a week, I'll be sharing a cute miniature fresh from my sample drawer and sharing my first impressions of the product. Today I'm talking about this miniature tube of Hand Food from Soap & Glory.




When we were in Bath recently, we found ourselves with really dry hands after visiting the spa. We had been in quite hot water for around five hours and our skin was feeling a bit parched. Rather stupidly I had not packed anything for this eventuality, so I ran into Boots to pick something up. I ended up choosing Hand Food from Soap & Glory, which is actually an old favourite of mine, which I have not used in such a long time!

The miniature version of Hand Food comes in a little pink tube, with simple branding and you just squeeze the hand cream out onto your palms. The formula of Hand Food is really nice, it's fairly thick and it soaks into your skin quite quickly. It's definitely not the quickest absorbing hand cream I've ever tried, but it's certainly up there with some of the best. If you compare this to some of the really expensive hand creams, it can have a bit of a greasy feeling to it. However, when you compare this to the same price point it's one of the better creams. You just need to give it some time to work into the skin and you're good to go. 

Hand Food has quite a traditional Soap & Glory scent, officially it smells of "fresh bergamot, strawberries and mandarin, with floral and fruity midnotes, and musk, amber and warm vanilla". In all honesty it's just a floral, unobtrusive scent, which Chris doesn't mind, so it's definitely not too girly. What I will say is that it can have a weird taste to it, so I wouldn't apply this to your hands before you plan on eating. 

All in all, I think this is a great product! When you consider that a HUGE tub of this only costs £7, it far exceeds it's price point on quality and formulation. The mini tube of Hand Food only retails for £2.50, which is such a bargain price, well worth picking up to chuck in your handbag. 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig